a person who gets paid millions of dollars called by any other name...

I usually dismiss most articles written on MLB.com, but this one really caught my eye.  To summarize: the practice of assigning good (read: creative, interesting, often hilarious) nicknames to professional baseball players is in severe atrophy.  However, as the article shows, there are some good ones on the horizon.  So those of you out there who are fans...do your part.  Out with A-Rod, in with A-Roid.  And for crying out loud, Lance Berkman...what's so bad about being called Fat Elvis?


2 comments:

Ben said...

I'm rather fond of the Fat Elvis name for Berkman. And O's fans did have a nice nickname for Jay Gibbons. Read around the O's blogs back when he used to play and if you ever see the mention of Horse Face that's who they're talking about.

Ben said...

Another one that I just remember was that Matt Albers (one of the guys we got from Houston for Tejada...haha) has the nickname "Fat Albers." I find it amusing.

Man I love baseball season! I'm so glad it's here.